Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Where I'm From

All of us Southerners know that the question: "Where are you from?" really means "Where were you born?". While "Where do you live?" is a whole 'nother question. In my case, for the last twenty-some-odd-years, the answers to these two questions have been different. I lived in one of the best cities in the world: Homewood, AL. But I was FROM Tuscaloosa, AL.
Times change, people change, circustances change, families change and TaDa... my answers are the same: I live in and I am from the same place: Tuscaloosa.
When my dear, sweet, darling, hunky hubby (who I lovingly refer to as My Mississippi) and I made the hard decision to move our family from the only home we had ever known as a family, I pouted, cried and generally had myself an on-going and rather large pity partay!! We've been here a little over a month now and I have made the incredibly mature decision that I must accept this move which I cannot change and get the heck on with loving life. I must quit feeling sorry for myself because I no longer live in Homewood. I must get out there and find reasons to fall in love with my hometown!

Come along for the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment